Well, we are back from Naples and have started Lupron. I should say, I have started Lupron. I decided that once I started Lupron I would no longer have alcohol. I haven't been drinking caffeine since the beginning of the year, but alcohol was my new addition. The RE (reproductive endorcrinologist, fertility doctor) didn't say I had to cut it out, but I just don't like the idea of mixing drugs and alcohol. I guess, now that I think about it...a lot of pregnancies are caused by the combo of those two things. Ha! I don't think that's my luck though.
I go in on Thursday for a baseline ultrasound to make sure my ovaries are quiet and my lining is ready and I will start the real heavy drugs! I'm feeling confident that I'll be ready to go. My body feels good, with the exception of the headache and constipation (sorry, TMI) caused by the Lupron.
Jenny (sister-in-law) brought me a cute gift yesterday. We joke about cheering my egg follicles on and she joked that she would make a rally cap for them. Well, instead she made a bear with the "Go Follies" team gear. Here the bear is holding one of my many drugs on top of the container where I put all my used needles. I have him on the counter by all my drugs, to cheer me on as I shoot up! Isn't he cute?! I really do have to keep a sense of humor about this whole infertility journey. It gets really tough, and I've felt more down in the last year than I ever have, but having support and having fun have helped a great deal. If anyone else wants some team gear...just let me know!

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment