Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mark's First Shot is a Success!

I have to admit, I was VERY nervous for Mark to give me his first shot. When we went to our shot teaching with the nurse, he got to practice on a foam egg. Needless to say, it didn't go well and I was not sure how the real thing would go. Well...he was awesome! I mixed the meds, because he said "You have more experience.". All I asked was that he do it quickly. I then laid down on the bed and clenched my fists. It was over in a second and it was just a little poke. It was better than the nurses do when they draw my blood! There was a little pain afterward as the trigger shot worked its way into my system, but all in all it was much better than having to stab my self in the abdomen again last night. I had run out of spots that weren't tender and it had just become painful.

Egg retrieval is tomorrow at 10am. Hopefully I'll be home and recovering in the early afternoon. Mark is staying home to watch me. The doctor said there has to be a 'responsible adult' present to supervise. I guess Mark just has to watch me sleep?

No comments: