Today I went back in for an OHSS check (after my ET cancellation yesterday because of OHSS). Yes, I still had it...and with a vengeance. I had gained two pounds and over an inch in my waist since yesterday(so I'm officially up ten pounds and over seven inches from normal). I felt like I would explode with even the tiniest bit of water. My back was even swelling because the fluid had no place to go. My RE gave me the option of draining the fluid, and I BEGGED him to do it. I couldn't breathe, drink, eat sleep or move without feeling like I would explode. He warned me that they would have to put me under again. BIG FREAKIN DEAL MAN!!! Anesthetics don't bother me. I don't get nauseous or anything, so I was all for it. If nothing else, being under would put me out of my misery!
He agreed to drain the fluid. He got 3.5 liters out of me!! I'm still a little bloated, but I feel anorexic compared to what I was. Mark brought me home, I took a three-hour nap and I feel fantastic! I'm now only allowed to drink Gatorade, no water, nothing. I'll go back on Friday for another check. My RE thinks I'm on the down slide since my HCG shot (trigger shot/hormone that agitates OHSS) was a week ago today. I can only pray for more relief. The treadmill at the club is calling my name and good foods are something I've been dreaming of since my diet has consisted of protein shakes and Gatorade. I can't wait to get my body in prime condition for our
May FET (frozen embryo transfer). So that's it for me. I wouldn't wish OHSS on my worst enemy!
Oh, and we officially have 9 frozen blastocysts (the stage right before embryos implant). We were a little bummed at first because we had five yesterday and they were still watching 19, but I think nine will give us a good chance at a pregnancy! Hopefully those nine will give us a couple of kids and we (meaning I) won't have to go through this again. One can only hope and pray!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment