I went in to the RE's (reproductive endocrinologist) office this morning for my OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation) check. I have it, but all is going well. I mostly just have pain and bloating in my abdomen. They aren't concerned. I've gained 7 pounds since starting the stimulation drugs and my waist has gained about six inches. Wow, do I feel sexy! My hemoglobin was good, so they aren't concerned. I just have to stay on my Gatorade and protein diet.
At the appointment this morning I was also given the time for our embryo transfer! It is Tuesday at 9:45. So it is a five-day transfer. Like I mentioned in a previous post, there are two options for transfers: three day and five day. They generally have you do a three-day transfer if it is obvious which two embryos are the best right away. They usually do a five-day transfer when there are too many to decide which are the best two. With the number of eggs they were able to retrieve, I'm guessing there are at least a few that are doing well. We don't get our fertilization report until right before the transfer. That will tell us how many fertilized, how many are still going, the quality of those that are still progressing and how many they think we will have to freeze. Everyone is different, so it is hard to venture a guess...but we are hoping to be able to freeze some. An ideal situation would be to achieve a pregnancy this time around and have a few for our next pregnancy...but beggars can't be choosers.
Now back to watching more shows on abc.com. I feel pretty good as long as I don't move much!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment