Well, yesterday went from bad to worse. After my fainting episode I stayed in bed unless I had to use the rest room. I never passed out again, but the fluid in my abdomen started rising into my back. By the end of the night, my back was so full that when I laughed at something Mark said, there were shooting pains up my back and my back got stiff like a charlie horse.
I was instructed not to lay flat, and figured out why. Whenever I would start, all the fluid would float further up my back and the pain was paralyzing. I spent the night in my office chair that has an ottoman. It is an over-sized chair, so Mark stuffed pillows on either side of me so I was wedged in. He then moved everything close so that I wouldn't have to get up. He was so cute. I couldn't fall asleep right away so I was playing on the laptop, like I am right now. I set/threw the laptop on my side table when I was done. It sounded a bit like a crash because I didn't have any ab or back muscles to soften the landing. Mark came running in to see if I was OK. He is a good nursemaid. Luckily I was actually able to fall asleep last night, even though I was in pain. I woke up this morning feeling 50% better. Now the pain is just in my abdomen, as it should be!
The instructions on how to ward off ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome are: drink one liter of Gatorade per day, eat plenty of protein, and get lots of fluids. After two liters of Gatorade and a protein shake for dinner, my body started recovering. I've already started my two liters of Gatorade for today!
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment