Bad news, my ET was cancelled due to OHSS. The doctor said it would be irresponsible for him to do the transfer with all the fluid in my abdomen and all the problems I have been having. I jumped up two pounds from yesterday and had an additional two inches around my waist. My blood pressure and hemoglobin are up making me short of breath and prone to fainting. I had to run from the shower with shampoo in my hair to lay down this morning because my eyesight starting going blurring and my ears were ringing. I think I would have passed out in the shower if I hadn't. I'm very miserable.
I had already taken my Valium at the doctor's office, so I'm feeling hung over from that. We were in the transfer room with my naked bottom half when they decided it wouldn't be a good idea. I can't describe my disappointment. We will do an frozen embryo transfer (FET) after I get my period, go on the BCP for two weeks, take lupron for ten days and take estrogen. He is estimating it will be May. I've cried, now I'm numb.
On a better note, we finally got our fertilization report. Of the 29 follies retrieved, 27 were mature and 25 fertilized. We had five blasts (last stage before implantation..aka awesome...one of which was beginning to hatch) as of today and they were still watching 19 (one isn't going to make for sure so far). They froze five today and we'll see what happens for the rest. I go back in tomorrow to see if I improve at all. If not, they will put me under and drain some of the fluid from my abdomen. I would post a photo so you could see how truly heinous my stomach is...but I'll spare you that.
I prayed to God last night. I thanked him for the patience he has given me through this process. I'm not exactly what you would consider a patient person. I've learned more about myself, Mark and our true priorities. I thanked Him for that. I guess I'm not done learning. All I know, is that by the end of this I will truly be a better person. Sigh. Until then, I think I'm going to go cry for awhile! Thanks for your thoughts and support!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
1 comment:
oh Erin I'm so sorry. This sucks beyond words.
But on the plus side (don't you hate always having to say that?!?), you have some seriously good eggs working for you. I'll be praying that May will be it and you and your husband will finally have your baby.
Post a Comment