Monday, November 22, 2010

You Heard It Here First

You have an advantage if you read my blog. You also have an obligation. The advantage is you get my infertility news the quickest. The obligation is that you have to keep it a secret until further notice. Promise?

I've been POAS (peeing on a stick) for three days, now. On Saturday morning I got the faintest, I mean faintest positive on the HPT (home pregnancy test). So faint in fact, that if you weren't an expert at HPTs, like I am, you may have dismissed it as a negative. So, I decided I would POAS on Sunday too. Again, it was so very faint, but just the tiniest, hair of a bit darker.

I was conflicted this morning. I wondered if POAS would just cause me more stress. If it was still so faint, would I still wonder if I was having a chemical pregnancy (really early miscarriage) like I did in the spring or would it be slightly darker and I would feel a bit more confident that my beta blood test would come back positive. We all know me. I like information. So, I POAS again this morning. It is actually dark enough that the POAS novice would think it was a positive.

I'm going into my first beta blood test today with a bit more confidence than usual. My numbers still have to be high enough to be viable. They also have to double by Wednesday. Past that, we have to wait until about seven weeks to see if this embryo has a heartbeat, and so forth. Obviously I won't be out of the woods for quite awhile. But, this is the baby step I needed.

So, as I said, you have an obligation to keep this quiet for some time. I will keep you posted on my progression. But just keep your lips sealed! I'm thinking you'll have to keep them sealed for another six weeks or so...unless I break sooner. To be continued...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

My lips are sealed... but I am SO excited and happy for you guys! Hey- it's a great time of year to get pregnant! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG - so very [secretly] excited for you. Keep us posted!
~Erin Hemming

Jaclyn said...

i am running to tell my mom right now. she doesn't count! i was just talking to her while making dressing and i was like, "oh crap, i have to check in on erin." yay! i only shed some minimal tears :-)