Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Obsessions of the "Two Week Wait"

I'm five days post my day three transfer, so essentially I'm eight days post 'ovulation', and the obsession has begun. I'm feeling nothing. Slight cramping/ache here and there, but nothing too different. I've never done a fresh transfer before, so this is all new. I'm only on an oral estrogen supplement twice a day and a progesterone shot once a day. I feel like that is nothing. My beta pregnancy tests aren't until Monday and Wednesday and I don't get the results of either until Wednesday. That is a week from today. How can I go another week?!

My doctor was so confident about this cycle and these two embryos, but I'm slowly losing my hope every day. I just can't wipe the failures of my last three FETs out of my mind. I'm feeling like Addie was just the hugest stroke of luck and maybe we are more infertile than the doctors can diagnose. I know nobody can tell me definitively where or not it worked, I just need a sign.

I did have a dream last night that my first beta pregnancy test was 105 (that's a good number for a first test). Wishful dreaming. We shall see...in a week, AAAAHHHH!!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

i would be just as impatient as you are! and actually i am FOR you!! so there, that is really no help :-)

i don't have a sign for you, but super ironically you were in my dream last night...it was prom and i made out with your date, but you were already married so i didn't think it was fair that you didn't bring mark AND had another date. i have weird dreams.

Erin said...

Nice dream! I don't think it's fair that you are married and making out with the date I brought to prom? Or...that date was lucky to score with two married chicks? He must have been some date?!