Friday, November 12, 2010

Transfer Day!

All went SO much better than I expected. I ended up going to the clinic extra early to squeeze in some acupuncture. It turns out I needed the extra time. Although I felt no symptoms of OHSS, my hemoglobin showed that I was a bit dehydrated, with mild OHSS. So, before it all began I got an IV with a bag of fluid to get me going. My body never ceases to amaze me and my medical professionals! We were still able to sneak in a speed acupuncture session, so I'm not sure how helpful it was because of the rush. We shall see.

The transfer was a breeze, which I cannot say regarding my last three transfers. I finally got my fertilization report: 13 retrieved, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, the two they transferred were a perfect 10 cell grade 1 (grades are 1-3 with 1 being the best), and an almost perfect 9 cell grade 1.2. The remaining 6 are between 8 and 14 cells and good to average quality. So, they are going to keep watching those to see if there will be any to freeze.

I just can't believe the report was so positive. In fact my reproductive endocrinologist (RE) guaranteed me a pregnancy. Obviously I won't hold him to that because I continue to defy odds, but it was nice to here such confidence in his voice. I'm now on bed rest for two days with restrictions for the next two weeks or so. Hopefully my RE was right. I'm hopeful, but not putting all my eggs in one basket, pardon the pun. I'm feeling good.

2 comments:

jy said...

Yeah, all sounds pretty good! Good luck!

Lisa said...

That is wonderful to hear! Hope your RE is right on the money. I'm so glad you have the boss working on your case- sounds like he knows what he's doing. Lots of prayers for you guys!