Since my last post, I've only had one additional ultrasound. They counted a total of 30 follicles with 22 in the 14-18mm range. My E2 (estrogen of sorts) level was 1034 (not too high). My reproductive endocrinologist decided to 'coast' me, in fear of me hyperstimulating again. So, rather than taking stimulation drugs on Saturday and Sunday, I took a low-dose HCG shot. I then took my trigger shot, to trigger ovulation, on Sunday night at 10:15. That is done 36 hours prior to egg retrieval. I was nervous that coasting would cause my follicles to disappear too much, resulting in none retrieved or zero mature follicles. There have been stories on my infertility board of coasting going either way. I was just hoping I would be one of the successful ones.
My egg retrieval was at 10:15 this morning. So far everything looks great! They retrieved 13 eggs, which is EXACTLY what my doctor wanted. It's hard for me to wrap my head around 13, since we got 29 last time. Of course in my mind, it seems like a 'failure'. Obviously it isn't. Realistically we only want one or two more children, so we certainly don't need tons of eggs and embryos.
Now we wait. We will get a call on Thursday, day 2, to let us know if we are doing a day 3 or day 5 transfer. We don't get any other information. This frustrates me, as it seems to be unique to our clinic. Many clinics will give you a fertilization report the day after retrieval. I know our clinic doesn't give the play-by-play simply because the numbers don't mean anything until the end. I just work better with information. Even if it isn't worth analyzing, I want the numbers to analyze. That is just my personality. Alas, I am at their mercy. I will find out on Thursday when we will have the transfer and I will find out at the transfer how all the eggs/embryos did. I will have to have Mark write that down, though, because I'll be on valium and my memory isn't exactly top notch when I'm under the influence. More to come...I hope!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
1 comment:
YAY! So glad to hear your retrieval went well. I was thinking about you a lot today. Let's keep this good news coming!
Post a Comment