I had my first ultrasound on stimulation drugs today. I had 17 egg follicles between 10mm and 14mm and my lining was 8.6C. The eggs were right on target, as was my lining! They also did bloodwork to check my estrogen (E2) level. I waited until now to post because the nurse gave me two scenarios. If my E2 was in line with the number of egg follicles I had, then I would just do my two vials of Menopur tomorrow morning like I have been and go in for another ultrasound. If my E2 level was too high they were going to call and have me do another injection to 'coast' for a bit. I didn't get a call, so my body is acting appropriately!
I have fewer eggs than last time, which is good. Last time they retrieved more eggs than they had actually measured, but every cycle is different. This cycle we were really hoping to get fewer, high-quality eggs. They are hoping by doing this we will avoid OHSS (hyperstimulation that made me VERY ill last round).
Addie and I are supposed to be going to a famlily girls' weekend in Lutsen this weekend. We really wanted to leave at noon tomorrow, but I don't know what this cycle will bring. I'm hoping we still get to go, but ultimately my ovaries are in charge. We shall see!
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment