The good news is that my betas were positive 26.3 (10dp3dt, ten days post a three-day transfer, basically 13 days post ovulation) and 58.6 (12dp3dt). The bad news is that they are low. The number doubled, which is a good sign. For both my ectopic and early miscarriage, the numbers didn't double and my doctor basically knew something was wrong right away. Addie's betas were also on the low side. This could go either way. My RE is optimistic. I'm guarded.
I requested to have a third beta this morning to see if my number is rising appropriately. Since Wednesday, I've been having some pain/pressure on the left side of my abdomen accompanied by pain in my lower back on that same side. It got bad enough last night that I called the on-call doctor at my regular ob/gyn. She wasn't too concerned. She said with what I've gone through and the drugs I've been on, it could be any number of things. I was concerned about an ectopic pregnancy (of course my mind always goes to the worst), but that was the least of her concerns. She had me take tylenol and told me to call if it got worse. If it didn't, I was to call in the morning to make an appointment. I'm going to mention it at my blood draw this morning to see if it is something my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) wants to check.
I certainly had another thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I'm still hoping we will be even more thankful come August 2, 2011 (official due date) or before!
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
1 comment:
good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts.....
hope you enjoyed thanksgiving :-)
Post a Comment