Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Over Stimulation Anyone?

I feel like I have my period and the flu all at once. I could not sleep last night, I had cramps and lower back pain as well as a headache and my entire body ached like I had the flu. I was really concerned that I got an infection from the IUI (gotta love internet self-diagnosis!). I was reluctant to take anything for it because I didn't know how over-the-counter medicines would interact with all the other drugs I'm on. I posted the question on my infertility bulletin board and one lovely lady was online and had had the same problem. She said Tylenol was OK. Thank goodness I had Tylenol pm, it knocked me out in a matter of fifteen minutes! I'm now suffering through the day, so I made a call to my RE (reproductive endocrinologist). They said it is hyper stimulation of the ovaries, caused by my trigger shot and my super duper ovaries and all their follies. It's not too big of a deal, I just need to take it easy, use a heating pad and take some Tylenol. Now, I only have Tylenol pm so I'm considering taking that or running to the store. Getting in the car and going to a store sounds like a marathon to me right now....so I don't know. Hopefully this will be worth it and lead to a positive in twelve days! Cautiously optimistic.

2 comments:

Polka Dot said...

Oh I have so been there. And the worst of it did result in our BFP last Feb. So take it easy and relax and drink lots of gatorade.

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

Erin,

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. But I'm glad you were able to trigger and do another IUI this month!

I hope this is the one!

Good luck,

Julie