So, today I'm officially 21 weeks! My belly seems to have grown over night. It's crazy!
Tonight my mom and dad came over and helped me paint the nursery. It is definitely pink. My mom and I decided the color didn't go well with our woodwork. Rather than repaint, we decided we could take down the wood blinds and put up white curtains. With that and all the new furniture, I think you will hardly notice the woodwork. The current blinds are just very heavy, and not too nursery-like anyways. I'll save them in case we have a boy next time (hoping there will be a next time). I think they would go well in a boys room.
I'm still waiting on almost all of the bedding. My parents are paying for the bedding as a gift! My mom said that she never got the chance to decorate my nursery because they didn't have any money. So she thought helping me do it would be a good way to finally be able to decorate one! I have the bumper, which I'm thinking of returning because they aren't that practical, and I'm waiting on everything else. The sheets and crib skirt are on back order and will be sent in the middle of October. The quilt and pillow (for the glider) should be here any day! I don't have the glider yet...but I'll be prepared with the pillow! Then all we have left are: dresser, curtains, glider, and bookshelf. I think it will all come together. Now I just have to work on my patience. I tend to like to get these things done in a hurry. I have to realize that we have a long 19 weeks left and many hurdles to overcome to get a healthy little girl!
Not much else is new. I had a nice lunch with the UWEC ladies today! I got to see baby Devin Larson and big 1.5 year old Nevin Poppy. Both were really well behaved!

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
1 comment:
Erin - the pink looks great. I imagined it as much more of a "WOW" pink for some reason, but that color looks really soft and pleasant. I like it a lot! I think you are right about completing the room, too - adding furniture, curtains, bedding, and some pictures on the wall will make it all come together very nicely. YAY!
Post a Comment