Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Update....WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

For those of you still checking my blog...after 2.5 years, gallons of tears, and tens of thousands of dollars…we are finally pregnant! I’m officially 9 weeks and 5 days. I’m sorry I didn't post sooner. We were very nervous. When I did two early pregnancy tests (the day of my first blood test, when they should have been positive), the came back negative. To our surprise, the beta blood tests came back positive…but they were low (48.3 10 days post transfer, and 189 13 days post transfer). When I got the voicemail from our clinic, I was sure they had mixed my bloodwork up with someone else's. I ran to Target, grabbed a two pack of pregnancy tests, checked out and ran straight to the bathroom...it was positive! I took another one the next morning just to be sure!

We were still waiting to see if it was a viable pregnancy. We had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and 4 days, and we saw a heartbeat, but it was still soooo early. We had another ultrasound last week and were released from our infertility clinic to a regular OB! Everything looked great, the heart was beating at 162 beats per minute, the little peanut was squirming…everything looked good! We had another ultrasound at our OB the next day, and all looked good with a heartrate of 178!

We are still cautiously optimistic, since it is so early. We normally wouldn’t be telling people this early, but everyone has been so supportive through our infertility journey, that we wanted you to be able to share in our excitement! My due date is February 5. YAY!!!

1 comment:

Polka Dot said...

Congrats! That's beyond wonderful news!!

See - I said I would hold out for the actual blood test lol