Friday, July 18, 2008

I Just Had to See It!



Well, my next ultrasound wasn't scheduled to happen until the 25th, but I just couldn't wait. My nurse practitioner said I could schedule an ultrasound in between if I wanted to see the baby. I was pretending that I could hold out...but I couldn't. Ultrasounds are the only times it really feels real! The baby looked great! It was moving all around, moving its new arms and legs. It was so active. It measured 11 weeks exactly when it had a bend in its spine, and 11 weeks 3 days when its spine was straight. The ultrasound was yesterday when I was exactly 11 weeks. Its heartbeat was 166, so all looked perfect! They also got a measure of it's neck and it shows no signs of downs syndrome. I go back on the 25th for all the measurements for that.

I'm feeling pretty good. I've had a bit of nausea, mostly when I'm hungry. I've been a little more tired than usual, but I seem to be able to solve that by not working out as hard. I haven't been able to stomach vegetables lately, so my diet has been very carb heavy. I haven't stepped on a scale for a couple of weeks, but I have no doubt I've gained a little. I'm still running, walking, doing yoga and going to total conditioning classes, so I'm trying to keep up my exercising to counteract my eating, but I can only do so much. I'm bound to gain weight, so I'm not stressing about it. My belly is starting to swell. Not to the point that anyone else can tell, but it is a little bloated and very firm in my lower abdomen. It's so exciting!

1 comment:

Polka Dot said...

Yay!

I've officially moved you to my On Their Way category! How exciting!