Sunday, April 6, 2008

FET is Scheduled...Late

Well, I'm officially feeling better and have survived my OHSS. I have a nice cushion of fat on my entire body that wasn't there prior to this cycle, and I don't foresee it going away since my RE says I still can't run...but oh well. I just hope that I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe just for trying to conceive. I've done well so far with the past two years, but my jeans are really getting tight. I'm just too obsessive about my weight and fitness level, so I just have to take a deep breath and get over myself.

Our FET (frozen embryo transfer) is scheduled for May 20. I'm a little disappointed that it isn't sooner, but there isn't anything I can do about it. I met with my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) on Wednesday and he told us to look at our calendar for a beginning to mid May date for FET. I got the call from his scheduler the next day and she said it was scheduled for May 27.

They did this for our fresh cycle too. They just keep over promising and under delivering on their dates. It's just frustrating. I got them to move the fresh cycle up two weeks and I got them to move the FET up a week, but I'm still annoyed. Just prepare a girl in advance. Tell me you can't do it until June and then surprise me with a May 27 date! I love my clinic, and if their issues with dates is my only problem I know I'm doing well...I'm just such a planner! So, that's where we stand. I'm on the pill awaiting the start of lupron.

I'm doing ok. Now that my OHSS has disapated, I'm starting to realize how sad I am that I didn't get to do the transfer. I just feel like I'm constantly waiting. In the year plus we've been working with an RE, we've only had 3 real tries. I just feel like we never get a shot!! I'm just hoping are nine frosties are ready to go in May! It sounds like we have about four blasts that were beginning to hatch that are top grade, so that is good. I had to almost wrestle my RE to let me know how the frosties looked, they don't give grades. They only tell you how many made it to freezing. I basically just looked over his shoulder at the embryologist's report. So, our nine little prospects look good...that's my silver lining for now! Sorry to be so negative. I'm just tired of waiting to get a real shot. I guess May 20 it is!

No comments: