Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We've got good swimmers on our side!

Good news...Mark's recent analysis came back great! We were right, all the time we spent in the hot tub in Florida right before his last analysis caused some inaccurate results, but he is good to go now! We just have to get my ovaries to cooperate and we'll be in business.

We got the call yesterday. The new plan is: I will go Thursday, 9/13 for a baseline ultrasound to see if my ovaries are 'quiet' (or clear of cysts) after a month of metformin and birth control. If they are, we will start with Clomid this cycle.

We are going on vacation the 14th-24th (yes, in case you are keeping track, this will be our 4th VACATION and no baby yet), but we will back in time for all of our follow-up ultrasounds to see how my eggs are growing. If all goes well, we will be able to use a trigger shot (to trigger ovulation once my egg/eggs are the right size) and do an IUI (intrauterine insemination, yes it is all very romantic). I'm praying we get to trigger this time. We haven't gotten to that point yet. I'm hoping that the metformin and birth control really helped my ovaries so that they will react normally to Clomid. Other than that, I just have to worry about the night sweats, hot flashes and mood swings caused by the Clomid....yippee!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ooh, I just love good news! And men are such babies about their bits and pieces not working. My husband was nervous until his results came back and then I swear, he wanted to hi-five our RE (his count is on the high side).

Good luck getting to trigger, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Polka Dot said...

I hated clomid. Although having co-workers randomly start fanning me was interesting. They saw a hot flash coming before I felt it because my face would suddenly get red.

Aaahhh ... good times.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you make it to trigger.

How long have you been using clomid? I'm always curious because my first RE had me on it (various amounts - with / without steroids) for just over 2 yrs and I never once even responded to it.

lub said...

Great news! I hope this is your month!!!