Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Vacation and The Natural Path

Well, we are back from our road trip...and it was fantastic! Ten days of relaxing and seeing the country was just what we needed! Now, back to reality.



I met with a naturopathic "doctor" today. It was VERY interesting. I have been trying multiple avenues to conception, so I thought I would give this a try. I filled out a basic questionaire and then we went right into a biofeedback reading. I placed my hand on a sensor pad and the computer went to work. As the computer went throught the different parts of the body, both physical and mental, it would stop at points where it felt there might be a problem. From there, the doctor would see what supplements would help the given problem.



It is difficult to explain, but what is more important are my results. It turns out I'm really moldy! :) My body carries a lot of fungal type tendencies which have kept me out of whack. I didn't even put anything about my problems with yeast infections (sorry TMI) down on the questionaire, and he picked up on it right away.



The computer also found that I have poor endocrine function and adrenal function, both play a very important role in fertility among other things. I also have poor organ function based on the test.



The doctor gave me some supplements. I should be able to be back in a normal state in a month. I go for a follow-up at that time to see if my supplements have fixed the problem.



I'm doing a really poor job at explaining this meeting, but it was truly amazing. I should have done this years ago. It seems that my body hasn't been functioning correctly since puberty, and all it takes are some supplements and a better diet. I have to concentrate on eating more alkaline foods, rather than acidic. That will naturally balance my system.



I'm sorry this post is so boring, I really recommend everyone go to a naturalpathic doctor to try this bio feedback system. I really think it will solve some of my long-term issues (problems with yeast infections, constipation, and fertility). I'll keep you updated!



I have my cycle day 12 ultrasound on Thursday. This will tell us if the metformin and clomid did their job this month. I have a feeling my eggs haven't grown large enough, as usual, but please put in a few extra prayers for those little eggies!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Praying for you and your eggies! I am glad that you had a nice, relaxing time and that you feel the naturopath will be helpful. I have also been told that I am moldy. It made me feel like hiring Merry Maids to clean me up. Too bad it's not that simple. Once again, thinking of you and hoping for a good ultrasound on Thursday.

Carrie said...

Hi there, I just came across your blog and read your posting about the naturopath. I too just had a similar test done called a"life test". They tested my PH levels also and I was told PH levels have a big impact on fertility.
Your blog looks very similar to mine :) good job!