Thursday, September 13, 2007

Today's Baseline Ultrasound!

Well, I didn't recognize my ovaries on the ultrasound today...because I've never seen them so clear of cysts! I took my last birth control pill yesterday, so I'm just waiting for my monthly (or somewhat monthly, in my case) friend. I can start Clomid on Cycle Day 5 (CD5).

I'm a little nervous because my ovaries haven't responded well to medicine the past couple of tries. I seem to have no problem getting egg follicles, but I can't seem to get a leader or two. Meaning, I can't seem to get one or two eggs to get big enough to be viable. With Clomid, you don't really have much control of that, so we'll see. I'm hoping I respond better now that my ovaries are quiet.

On a more positive note, the nurse told me my uterus was beautiful. That is the second nurse that has said that...I'm starting to get a big head about it! :) All I need is a little embryo, because apparently I have a nice home for it! Ha!

We are heading out on our road trip really early tomorrow morning. We are hitting West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee. It should be fun!! And no, I won't get pregnant on vacation. I won't be in my fertile days until after. I will just be chowin' down on Clomid and Metformin hoping my little follies are growing, growing, growing!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi, Erin! It sounds like we have a lot in common. I am glad your baseline ultrasound went well – and what a wonderful compliment to hear that you have a beautiful uterus! My baseline ultrasound is sometime next week, after I finally get my period (cycle day 45 now). I hope my results are as positive as yours.

Enjoy your vacation!

Katie said...

Congratulations on so much. . . good baseline, no cysts, and a beautiful uterus! I've always been told that I have "great lining." Fat lot of good it's done me, but at least something is great, right?! Have a good vacation!