Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Two Months Old and Already Vacationing!!




Our flight from Florida just got in at midnight on Monday. I'm so very sad vacation has ended. We had such a fabulous time and I swear Adelyn grew double the normal rate both physically and mentally in those ten days! She also has a lot of 'firsts' for her baby book:

-First flight

-First vacation

-First time at the ocean

-First time at a pool

-First time she rolled over (with a little help from Grandma and Granddad's bed)

-First time she purposely swatted the toys on her car seat


...and most importantly...


FIRST TIME SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT (ah, vacation was good to all of us!!)

She is also getting much more interactive. She likes to have conversations, especially after she is fed. She also has developed a, "You are not paying the proper amount of attention to me" cry. She is really becoming a baby rather than a newborn. On that note too, she is solidly into 3-month clothes. This week I will be packing away her newborn clothes. It's so sad. I can't believe how fast this first 9 weeks has gone. I can only imagine how fast our time with her will continue to go!

Now it's back to work (officially) for me. Addie will be going to Grandma daycare with Grandma Emily. We are so fortunate to have Emily. It makes this transition so much easier. I know Addie will be in great hands. Addie will be with Grandma every Tuesday-Friday, 12-6. I will spend mornings with her, and Mark will spend evenings (if/when I have showings). Mark will also have her every other Sunday afternoon and Grandma Sue and Grandad will have her the other Sundays so Mark can do things at our properties. We've reserved Wednesday night for date night, as we've been doing since we got married. We've also reserved Saturdays for family days. It's hard to have a schedule in the real estate business, so we've mapped out our schedule and I'll work my clients into it. I don't want to miss too much of Addie's childhood! I'm happy that my job allows me to spend every morning with her as well as Mondays and Saturdays. I think I'm going to go through withdrawal after being with her for ten plus days straight...not to mention the last nine weeks we've had together! We'll see how it all works!

No comments: