Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Adelyn is One Month Old!!

Adelyn celebrated her one-month birthday with a sleepover with Grandma Emily and Grandpa Lynn at our house. They took the night shift on Friday (2/27), to give Mark and I a break. They celebrated until the early hours of the morning. Finally Addie fell asleep in Grandpa's arms. She didn't go down until 2:30am. On Saturday night, Aunt Jenny spent the night with her and she slept straight through until 5:40am. Such is life with Adelyn...you win some and you lose some!
Addie's night issues have been caused by gas. This is what I thought, and this is what I still think. We brought her to the doctor and he said it was probably reflux. I think she has that too, but I don't think it's what bothers her. He gave us a prescription for Zantac. We've given her a few doses, but I don't think it did anything. I've also gotten a homeopathic product called Colic Calm, and I think it is close to a wonder 'drug'. Saturday night was our first night with it, and she has slept well ever since (although it's bedtime right now, and she is struggling a bit).
In other health issues, she has gotten a bad case of baby acne. It's something that will resolve itself, and they say it doesn't bother the baby, but it looks irritating. It looks like windburn at this point, and I would think it would be bothersome. It seems like her skin is dry? As long as it doesn't hurt her, and as long as I'm not neglecting to treat her ailments that can be treated, I'm fine with it. I just hope it isn't something else. The doctor said it usually lasts until a baby is eight weeks or so.
In the last 24 hours, Addie has started taking a pacifier. Now, it's not a habit I really want to start, but it seems to really help. She had rejected pacifiers up until yesterday, but she seems to like them now? We shall see!

No comments: