Yep, I have it. The three-hour glucose test said so. I was angry for a couple days, now I'm over it. It just means a strict diet for 13.5 weeks and the propensity for type II diabetes later in life. It's good to know it now rather than later.
I spent some time dwelling on how unfair it is, given my positive eating and exercising habits. But, at the end of the day, we are dealt a hand in life and we have to deal with it. Much like infertility, this is another thing that I don't have control over. I can do the best that I can, and hope modern medicine can help me with the rest.
I take a two-hour class on gestational diabetes tomorrow. Mark has already predicted that I'm going to be pissed afterward. Everything that I've read online basically tells me to do what I'm already doing. "...If you can't exercise for 20-30 minutes at a time, you can start with 5-10 minutes and work your way up...". That was a bit of advise about working exercise into your routine...ha! I will say, though, that I can give up some sweets. I'm not usually a sweets person, but this pregnancy has turned me into one! I don't think Halloween helped that much either. Oh well.
I've attached a belly photo. We've been really bad about taking them. This is from last night, so it is a shot at 26 weeks and 5 days. I'm expanding! According to my check up on Friday, I'm measuring two weeks ahead, although in person most people don't think I look like I'm almost 27 weeks, so I don't know. I think it's because they measure from the pubic bone to the bra line, and I have a long torso. She could also be measuring ahead because of the gestational diabetes. I'm just hoping everything with our little girl keeps going OK. I just want her here, healthy and safe!

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment