Thursday, November 20, 2008

29 Weeks, 11 to Go!

Not much is going on. I met with my dietitian last Friday and she looked over my food and glucose level log and said to keep doing what I'm doing. So, I'll continue on my low-carb, exercise heavy lifestyle. It's a good thing. I didn't gain any weight in a week, and my weight is right on schedule. I figure if I have to deprive myself of the normal pregnancy indulgences, I might as well have the benefit of not gaining too much weight. I'm up about 22 pounds. Not bad.

On Friday I also went to my OB appointment. Everything looks good, he was shocked I had gestational diabetes (join the club), but said that I look as healthy as can be. Our little girl's heart rate was strong and I'm measuring a week ahead. I think it all depends on who is measuring. Last appointment the nurse practitioner measured and she measured up to my bra line whereas the OB measured to the end of where the baby and related materials are. I just have an extra two inches of torso that the baby doesn't need? Anyways, the nurse practitioner measured me two weeks ahead last time.

Last Saturday was my first baby shower thrown by the women in my neighborhood. It's so nice to have good neighbors! We had fun, and everyone got the little girl cute clothes and a few other necessities...and non-necessities. My next shower is while we are visiting the Muckerheide/Young clan in Indiana over Thanksgiving. Then Mark and I have to book back on Sunday for the shower given by my friends. It is so humbling to be loved and thought of! Our little girl will be lucky to have so many good friends and family around! Our last shower will be January 3, with mostly family and some more friends!

No comments: