We've had a busy few months. Addie is growing and changing like crazy, we've finished another road trip, and tried another frozen embryo transfer (FET).
Addie is now WELL into her talking stage. She surprises us everyday with a new phrase or word. Yesterday it was "I can't get it". Ok, so she didn't say it that clearly, but she said it when her cup fell and she couldn't reach it, and said it repeatedly while pointing to her cup. Amazing. She also has been saying, "It's stuck", "Oh gosh", "No more water", and many single words. I just can't believe how quickly a little brain develops!
In June we hit the road again. This time we went north to Canada. It was an awesome trip! Canada definitely over delivered. We hit Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec. My personal favorite was Quebec City. We were there on St. John the Baptist day, by chance. It is basically their Canada Day, but they still feel like they should be their own country. So, it's huge celebration much like St. Patrick's Day and Mardi Gras combined. The party doesn't get started until evening and goes until all hours. We were on a family schedule, so we just caught all the crazy partiers on their way into town as we were on our way out to our hotel. It looked like a good time, though. The city itself was a great little European-like spot. We enjoyed our beers in the city center just like in Europe!
June 2, was our third embryo transfer. All looked good. I again got a positive home pregnancy test. I just had a bad feeling, though. I was right. The HCG pregnancy hormone levels dropped and it was what is called a chemical pregnancy, or very early miscarriage. I'm now all set for our fourth (and final from this IVF cycle) frozen transfer on August 17. These are our last two 'frosties' from Addie's IVF cycle. We are so hoping it works. Mark and I have agreed that we'll try another fresh cycle if it doesn't, but it would just be nice to have another pregnancy with no more frozen embryos to worry about. It would be ideal...or as ideal as anything can be in the infertility world?

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment