Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Try, Try Again

Addie and Tavian Abdel-Khaliq at WI Dells

Addie and Dad at WI Dells
Having a heart-to-heart

Mom and Addie have matching running gear!

The Muckerheide girls, post marathon

Addie cheering at the marathon.

Practicing her cheers the night before.

Silly girl, playing in her bedroom.

Still playing.

Look...one hand! (this is from awhile ago)

My new sweater from Great, Great Aunt Marian (and it almost doesn't fit anymore)

She likes to eat!

Well, I've been trying to upload a video for the past month and a half. It doesn't look like it's going to work. So, I must move on. It was a video of Addie crawling. This is very old news at this point, but I thought it would be fun to have a video of her anyways. Oh well.
She has been very busy. She's an avid crawler, and has been for two and a half months or so. She is also pulling herself up on everything and can balance and move around with just one hand on a surface. We are just waiting for her to truly test her balance and want to stand and walk. We shall see!
Last month we took a road trip to Texas. The family vote is that it was fun, but Texas definitely under delivered. It just wasn't as nice as we had expected.

At the beginning of this month, I ran the Twin Cities Marathon. It was a nice accomplishment to be able to finish one 8 months after having Addie and after a couple years of infertility treatments. The last one I ran was in 2006, at the beginning of our infertility journey. It was emotional to come full circle. I no longer had to look at the babies on the sidelines wishing they were mine. My little girl was at miles 8 and 20 to cheer me on!
Adelyn is loving daycare. She's been there almost three months now. I think she thrives in an environment with other kids. She is never sad when I drop her off!
Addie has started recognizing strangers. She used to go to anyone and smile at EVERYONE. She is now a bit more reserved and it takes her a little to open up. Once she feels comfortable, though, she is all smiles and entertainment!
We have been working on some sign language. At this point, she simply laughs (literally) when we do any signing. She has waved goodbye a couple of times and said "ba, ba", but again, she laughs when we do it to her.
Adelyn also has two teeth. She's had these since the end of August, and we keep waiting for more. She'll have a day or two where her teething symptoms seem to come back, and then nothing happens. Oh well.
We've now switched car seats. She has outgrown her baby carriers. It was a sad moment for me. I had really prepared myself for that to happen at around one year, not 8.5 months. She's just a big girl. I don't have her official stats, but she is close to 22 pounds and seems really long. Most people guess her older than she is. Neither Mark nor I were that size until we were a year old. I guess we really did get the strongest embryo!!
All in all, we are good! Addie is happy and I just wish we could put her on slow motion. Time is just going too fast!

No comments: