Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weezin' and Sneezin'


We are still sick at the Muckerheide household. Several days cooped up in the bedroom with the humidifier on has helped, but we aren't there yet. Addie has been sleeping a bit better. She has gone to bed at a reasonable hour two nights out of four. I'll take it! She also seems to be stretching out the time between feedings. I get her up every three hours or so to eat, but I think it's because she has put on some weight and doesn't need as much. That, and the fact that it is difficult to breath and eat at the same time? I think it will mean good things for sleep once she's over this cold. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I have to keep myself going somehow?

I'm still a bit under the weather too, but I've been able to work a little. It helps me feel connected with the outside world. Yesterday I realized I hadn't left the house since Sunday. For most of that time I hadn't even left my bedroom. Time just flies when you are having fun! I'm doing some showings with a client on Sunday, so it will be my first venture into the working game again. It's early, so I'm not really working, but it's nice to think that I might be able to still bring in a little money during this time. It will take some pressure off for when I actually go back to work. As nice as it is to be self-employed, there is no such thing as paid leave!

1 comment:

jy said...

The picture with her slippers on is adorable. What a beautiful baby! She really has a just the right mix of the two of you.