It's amazing how much easier the two-week wait is when you don't have much hope for the cycle. I have my beta (blood pregnancy test) on Monday morning. I suppose I have as good of a chance as any cycle with four follicles, but I'm just numb to the whole process this month. I'm protecting myself.
As a way of being proactive, I've been researching IVF (invitro fertilization). I truly never thought we would have to take that road, but I'm not so positive anymore. I found a great program that costs $25,000. With it, you get three fresh cycles (where they harvest my eggs and mix them with Mark's sperm) and as many frozen egg transfers (where they implant extra eggs from a previous fresh cycle) as we can. If we aren't pregnant after those cycles, we get 100% of our money back. Of course, the hope is that we let them keep our money because we will be bringing home a baby, but it is the best program out there! They say 80% of couples bring home a baby. Now...where to get that $25,000??? :)
Right now I'm getting excited for our trip to Mexico. We leave a week from yesterday. I have to start packing! I'm just telling myself that getting a BFN will be ok because then I can truly make use of our all-inclusive. I think it helps. It will be nice to get out of the cold and off of the infertility treatment rollercoaster.
Happy Thursday!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

cropped+B%26W.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment