It's been a bit, but I haven't really done much in the way of prenatal visits...until last Monday. I had the dreaded gestational diabetes one-hour tolerance. I failed, of course. I then had the three-hour test on Friday. I failed one out of four of those blood draws. Right on the report it says it takes two fails to warrant a gestational diabetes diagnosis, but I waited for word from my doctor. Nobody called. So, today I finally called them.
The nurse was pretty positive they would diagnose me with gestational diabetes because of my history. She thought they may spare me the visit to the diabetes teaching class with the dietitian. She wanted to check with my doctor, though. Low and behold, he said he didn't consider it a positive, so I DON'T have it.
Let's be honest, here. I'm borderline. My results are just a hair lower than with Addie when I WAS diagnosed with gestational diabetes. So, I'm going to try to follow the diet as best I can. I still have my monitor, so I might pull that out on occasion to check my blood sugar levels. But, at least I can claim to not have it! :)
Tonight I was looking at the medical records I have kept. On the one-hour glucose 'failure' sheet, they write your height and weight so the hospital can give you the appropriate amount of glucose for the three-hour test. I was exactly one pound heavier with Addie's pregnancy, and the test was exactly three days later in my pregnancy. I don't think I could have been that close in weight if I tried. So, I'm hoping to stick to this trend and be the same weight at the end as well. It turned out OK the first time. I believe I'm up about 17 pounds from my pre-cycle weigh in, or 13 pounds from my first prenatal checkup. I know the gestational diabetes diet kept my eating in check last time, so let's see if my will power alone can achieve the same results.
All I want is a healthy baby and healthy mom. Honestly, what more can you ask for?
The nurse was pretty positive they would diagnose me with gestational diabetes because of my history. She thought they may spare me the visit to the diabetes teaching class with the dietitian. She wanted to check with my doctor, though. Low and behold, he said he didn't consider it a positive, so I DON'T have it.
Let's be honest, here. I'm borderline. My results are just a hair lower than with Addie when I WAS diagnosed with gestational diabetes. So, I'm going to try to follow the diet as best I can. I still have my monitor, so I might pull that out on occasion to check my blood sugar levels. But, at least I can claim to not have it! :)
Tonight I was looking at the medical records I have kept. On the one-hour glucose 'failure' sheet, they write your height and weight so the hospital can give you the appropriate amount of glucose for the three-hour test. I was exactly one pound heavier with Addie's pregnancy, and the test was exactly three days later in my pregnancy. I don't think I could have been that close in weight if I tried. So, I'm hoping to stick to this trend and be the same weight at the end as well. It turned out OK the first time. I believe I'm up about 17 pounds from my pre-cycle weigh in, or 13 pounds from my first prenatal checkup. I know the gestational diabetes diet kept my eating in check last time, so let's see if my will power alone can achieve the same results.
All I want is a healthy baby and healthy mom. Honestly, what more can you ask for?


cropped+B%26W.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment