Thursday, January 27, 2011

Technical Difficulties...Birthday Girl...First Trimester Done!

Today is Addie's second birthday! I honestly can't believe it. I feel like I was in the hospital to have her just days ago. Now she's a big, funny girl. We had our family of three (and a third) celebration tonight. We had McDonald's, presents and cupcakes! The big birthday bash is on Saturday, but we wanted to do a little something special today. Addie definitely likes opening presents. Her favorite was a box of baby doll goods. It included a stroller, bouncy seat, highchair, pack 'n play, and car seat for her dolls. She had to get everyone of them out to try everything. Every doll is named Charlie. I can't wait for her party on Saturday...it should be even more fun for her!

I had another doctor's appointment today. I'm 13 weeks and 2 days. It was anticlimactic. Everything looks good and I heard the baby's heartbeat. I had the first trimester screening two weeks ago and all was well there too. The baby shows no signs of downs syndrome or any other abnormalities. The only down side is that I'm up a total of 4-5 pounds. Stepping on the scale makes me angry every time. I wish I had never read that you aren't supposed to gain any weight in the first trimester. I did with Addie and I'm doing it again. I'm eating well and still hitting the gym. I think that darn book just sets me up to have unrealistic expectations. Sigh. Oh well. I don't have to go back in for another four weeks. That is an eternity in infertility terms. What am I going to do to pass the time?!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Whoever said you aren't supposed to gain weight in the first tri is full of baloney... in my book, anyway! I gained about 4-5 lbs with both boys in the first tri as well. Your body is doing what it needs to grow that little life- and we have plenty of opportunity to lose it afterwards!

Happy Birthday to Addie! I'm sure she'll have a blast at her party on Saturday.