Tuesday, January 6, 2009

30 Days and Counting...or Maybe Sooner?




Well, a lot has happened since my last post. I pushed to have another ultrasound and was able to get one. My intuition was right...something wasn't quite right. Our baby girl is breech. I have another appointment this Friday. If she hasn't turned we have a couple options. One is to go in this week (at 36 weeks) and try to turn her manually. Dr. English said that this is often hard with first pregnancies and the baby can always turn back. He also said it is quite painful. When he does this, he always has a room available in case we need to do an emergency c-section. The second option is to just schedule a c-section for 39 weeks. I think that might be my preference.
I didn't want to just give up, so I've been going to my friend Shirley, a chiropractor, for the Webster Technique. This is a more natural way to try to turn the baby. We shall see!
On Saturday I had my last, and largest, shower. It was a beautiful event with a ton of family and a few friends. My sister-in-law and two of my cousins (Jenny, Caroline and Kathleen) threw it for me. All I can say is this baby girl is completely SET for clothes!
I'm getting anxious to meet our little girl. I'll be 36 weeks on Thursday...so it's just a matter of a few weeks at this point! I've been nesting like crazy. After the shower I returned all of our duplicate items and started washing everything. I've finally gotten it all done and I'm feeling a little better about things. I still have to order a book shelf, because she already has quite the book collection! I've included the most updated photos of the nursery. Everything is coming together!

2 comments:

jy said...

Sounds like you are all ready! I am so excited for you! Hopefully baby girl will turn quickly!!

Anonymous said...

Erin - the baby's room looks great! It all came together really nicely and you look like you are all set. Keep us posted these next few weeks as we wait to hear if baby girl turns and when she come out and meet everyone! :)
~Erin Hemming