Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Playing By The Rules...And Moving On!!

Well, on my way to my IVF consultation with my new doctor yesterday...I got my monthly friend. So, our 'miracle' natural cycle baby didn't happen, but my body is playing by the rules. I had a perfectly positive OPK test on CD18 and got my period on CD33. That is fantastic for my bod!

In better news...we have it the road running with the IVF process:
1/14/08 CD1 - met with new RE to discuss IVF plan. He is going to keep me on low doses of stimulation drugs to prevent me from overstimulating and hopefully get a few great eggs instead of tons of lower quality eggs.

1/16/08 CD3 - I will go in for a new blood work panel to make sure my bloodwork still looks good. It should be showing that I am completely normal and regulated now (I was almost completely normal last time, but it should be even better now that I'm on metformin for PCOS)...let's keep our fingers crossed!

1/16/08 CD3 - start the pill in preparation for IVF. The pill allows the doctors to determine the timing of IVF, but also 'quiets' the ovaries to make sure they are clear for the start of the cycle. I'm officially in CD limbo at this point.

1/29/08 - Mark has a repeat semen analysis done along with repeat bloodwork to make sure he is good to go. We will also take a psychological test and meet with a psychologist...let's hope we pass! :)

2/4/08 - We pay the clinic THE BIG BUCKS. We have to pay the full amount up front. We meet with the business office at our clinic to pay and sign a bunch of consent forms. Then they do a sonohysterogram (to check for polyps and fibroids in my uterus) and a trial transfer (to see which catheter they will need to use to transfer the embryos to my uterus). After all that, we will take a class in injections for both Mark and I to learn when, what and how to do the multiple injections that are involved in IVF.

After all the testing, we will then have a date for when we will start stimulation drugs and tentative dates for egg retrieval (getting the eggs from my ovaries) and egg transfer (transferring the embryos back to my uterus). I expect we will start stims in mid February and have the retrieval and transfer in late February or early March!!

1 comment:

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

Erin,

Glad to see that you have a good plan for moving forward to IVF. I'm sending you lots of positive vibes that you will be successful this next cycle!

Good luck,
Julie